our logo

As Scotland’s longest established training provider we pride ourselves on a first class service. Our results and feedback from our students say it all. We are also winners of the National Fitness Awards ‘Education Facility of the Year’. We think this shows any potential students that our service is second to none.
yes, all of our qualifications are accredited through Active IQ, who are the awarding body. Our CPD courses are all endorsed by CIMSPA (Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity)
No, the qualifications do not expire, however it is recommended that once qualified you register with CIMSPA as a member (to show you have a recognised qualification) and keep up your knowledge by continuing your professional development and gain CPD points to stay on the register.
We have a close relationship with various gyms and leisure clubs, they often contact us as a first stage when looking for new staff. We also allow you free advertising on our personal training website personaltrainersscotland for those looking to do freelance personal training.
You need to be 16 to be able to gain the qualification, however, if you are looking to gain employment in a gym or leisure facility you would need to check with the individual establishment as to what age they could employ you as a fitness instructor or personal trainer.
At the moment we have course dates running in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Penicuik, Fife, Aberdeen (Scotland) and Manilva in Spain. However, if you are a facility looking for a specific course for your staff, we are happy to send our tutor to you.
Don’t worry if you don’t pa3s first time, we offer 3 free re-sits and then there is a £50 charge for each one after that (this is very rare).
Unfortunately not, although it is possible to train children as a one off or on an occasional basis, if you are looking to plan progressive programmes and advertise as a personal trainer for children, you must complete the CPD course in ‘Instructing Physical Activity for Children’ (or equivalent).
Yes we do, please contact us for information on our payment plan options.
To gain the full certificate you would need to have a pre-requisite of a level 2 certificate in gym instructing or group training (or equivalent), however, if you were just looking to gain some knowledge (and not train clients) then it is possible for you to attend, but you would not receive a formal certificate for this.