Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
This qualification is aimed at fitness professionals who wish to learn how to provide assistance and advice and design exercise programmes for people with certain medical conditions which put their health at risk.
During the course candidates will learn:
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health at level 3
- Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme level 3
- The principles of collecting information to plan an exercise referral programme, the principles of risk stratification in exercise referral and the principles and procedures of record keeping
- How to identify goals with exercise referral patients and instruct, adapt and review exercise sessions with these patients.
- How to plan, prepare, monitor and adapt an exercise referral programme with patients and understand the importance of long term behaviour change for these patients
- The current health care systems in the UK, the exercise referral process, the roles and responsibilities of the professional within an exercise referral scheme and the role and importance of exercise referral, related policies and key documents
- The concept of a patient centred approach
- The clinical features of medical conditions relevant to exercise referral programmes, the relationship between exercise and specified exercise referral medical conditions, the accepted methods for treatment/management of medical conditions relevant to exercise programmes for patients with specified exercise referral medical conditions
This course is delivered through blended learning which is a mixture of home study plus 2 days attendance. Candidates are assessed through coursework, portfolio of evidence, practical assessment and assignments.
Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing or equivalent
On completion candidates will be awarded an Activie IQ Diploma in Exercise Referral which is eligible for entry onto the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) as a level 3 Exercise Referral Instructor which is also eligible for 20 REPs CPD points.
Venue: COWDENBEATH, FIFE
ER0219: 9th, 10th February 2019
ER0519: 11th, 12th May 2019
ER1219: 13th, 14th December 2019
ER0619: 28th, 29th June 2019
Price: £500 plus VAT (£600)
Comment: Full price payable on booking